“Autism Baia Mare” Association is a private parents’ organization founded by highly motivated
parents in 2008.
Our mission: Improving living conditions and social adaptability of children and teenagers with
autism in order to improve the quality of life of these children and their families.
Our objectives are:
– Creating an optimum environment for recovery, education and social integration of children and
teenagers with autism;
– Providing assistance, rehabilitation and care for the beneficiaries of Autism Baia Mare
– Changing social attitudes towards children with autism;
– Providing training and support for the family;
– Informing and making the community about developmental disorders;
– Developing strategies for achieving self-financing on medium and long term.
A multidisciplinary team consisting of psychologists, movement therapist, speech therapist, art
and music therapist, parents’ adviser is working for the benefit of the children, teenagers and their
Activities that they practice:
Our activities include specialized services: individualized therapy programs, educational programs, group activities, family counselling, socialization and leisure activities, art and music therapy, sports, community integration support.
We have established the first Romanian inclusive classes – classes for children with autism in mainstream schools.
We offer training courses for other professionals: educators, psychologists and also parents.